Sign in
Anastasia

352 likes

996 reads

16 comments

Mitch
Mitch
Apr 21, 2021

Great article, I鈥檒l be checking some of these out. I enjoy the lofi chill hop stuff as background in Vids, etc, but it tends to make me feel tired if it鈥檚 all I am listening to, and I have recently been searching for other styles of background music that would hit a bit harder.

Kieran Roberts jkbasjkbfbjaksbfjbjasbfjbdsjkfb
Kieran Roberts jkbasjkbfbjaksbfjbjasbfjbdsjkfb

I love this article, well done Anastasia 馃憦. Music while coding is something I love especially when you have something monotonous to do. It helps get your head in the zone. Not sure what I would do without my large list of like Spotify tracks. It's mostly indie and alt rock for me!

Saumya Ranjan Nayak
Saumya Ranjan Nayak
Apr 23, 2021

Thanks for sharing

Ayodele Samuel Adebayo
Ayodele Samuel Adebayo
Apr 24, 2021

Is there a place to download these pieces of music?

Tried freecodecamp radio for 2 hours and the only thing that stopped me from enjoying it was my data warning.

2 replies
L. John Ribar
L. John Ribar
Apr 29, 2021

I downloaded ClipGrab, and can now grab most YouTube videos. You can download as MP3 (audio) as well, if you just need the music... (read about it at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClipGrab)

Ayodele Samuel Adebayo
Ayodele Samuel Adebayo
Apr 30, 2021

wow, thanks a lot

I will give this a try

L. John Ribar

Tonatiuh Morales
Tonatiuh Morales
Apr 24, 2021

Great article! & good music selection to work.

Cleber Gasparoto
Cleber Gasparoto
Apr 24, 2021

Nice compilation. Thank you for sharing!

L. John Ribar
L. John Ribar
Apr 29, 2021

This is a great list. I think I'll put a link to it on my blog, if that's okay. There are a few other sites I'll add, but you've got a great list here. Thanks! Especially intrigued by the Fantasy/Bard Tavern mix ;-)

Mayur Borse
Mayur Borse
Apr 30, 2021

I mostly listen to european classical (grieg, beethoven) and film scores (zimmer, Williams)

Marina
Marina
May 29, 2021

This is a great list! I prefer neo-classical and ambient music when coding

Liza Cooper
Liza Cooper
Jan 13, 2022

Thanks for the cool article) My brother and I very like Spotify. And we recently started uploading music there. Also to raise our audience we decided to buy spotify plays . For us, it is a good option and we hope to increase our followers through this service. And I am very dreaming someday we will succeed.

Emmi
Emmi
May 1, 2022

Hi guys, in addition to programming I am trying my hand at music. Now together with my friend we are trying to record rap and make music. So far it seems to be working out pretty good. We tried to post our music to social networks, but the music does not pass moderation because we use music with copyright.

JSKing
JSKing
May 1, 2022

Perhaps you should change the tone of the music so that you can pass moderation. Or try to find a service with copyright-free music. I know a couple of such services.

Emmi
Emmi
May 1, 2022

I tried adding bass and various additional sound effects, but still the music was not approved. The main requirement is 65% uniqueness of the music track.

JSKing
JSKing
May 1, 2022

Well, that's a big enough percentage, very much will have to change the music track to make 60% uniqueness. It is better to use services with music without copyrights. Here you can find rap background . My friend often uses this service. He seems to be happy with everything, there is a lot of different music, you can pick up songs for different lyrics. He writes more street rap, I'd say he's a young Eminem).