Andrey Goncharov

125 likes

·

4.0K reads

27 comments

Jan Koriťák
Jan Koriťák
Mar 14, 2023

Thanks for sharing this openly Andrey! Kudos to being able to figure out the fundamental issue. Also, of course, best of luck in your new career!

·
·2 replies
Andrey Goncharov
Andrey Goncharov
Author
·Mar 14, 2023

Thanks for reading!

·
Kavir Kaycee
Kavir Kaycee
Sep 11, 2023

Test

·
Vamsi Rao
Vamsi Rao
Sep 20, 2023

Amazing article

·
Egi Mata
Egi Mata
Mar 13, 2023

Im on the verge of doing this and its not good. Sometimes i get some free time and all i think to do is code. But when i do something else by the end of the day i feel way better.

Thank you for sharing your story. Guess balance should be in all things

·
·1 reply
Andrey Goncharov
Andrey Goncharov
Author
·Mar 14, 2023

Thanks for reading! I hope you find your peaceful "happy" place!

·
Fares Alharbi
Fares Alharbi
Mar 14, 2023

Wow I'm happy for you! I'm going through a mental health crisis myself. I feel stuck and my dreams far away from my grasps. Your story makes me a little hopeful if I dare say, can I ask you for advice on how you worked it out?

·
·1 reply
Andrey Goncharov
Andrey Goncharov
Author
·Mar 14, 2023

Thanks for reading! My best advice is to get a therapist. Do not hesitate to try a few of them until you find the one you like. Good luck and stay strong!

·
Nikolaos CHASANIS
Nikolaos CHASANIS
Mar 14, 2023

Great article, all in all, some healthy sleep and life balance, maybe long walks, too much thinking has the exact opposite outcome, that's a classic for many people.

·
Anthony Fung
Anthony Fung
Mar 14, 2023

Thanks for sharing your experience. You could always build websites for nuclear reactors and robots; not sure about starships yet :)

On a more serious note, I'm glad you managed to get through your burnout. The risk is very real and it's a shame that more people aren't aware of it. It's important to chase dreams, but it's more important to stay in a state to be able to do so.

·
·1 reply
Andrey Goncharov
Andrey Goncharov
Author
·Mar 15, 2023

Thanks for reading!

·
Jeff Tong
Jeff Tong
Mar 15, 2023

Reminds me of the parable of the fisherman and businessman. Hope you spend the time doing whatever makes you happy.

·
Vijay Thirugnanam
Vijay Thirugnanam
Mar 16, 2023

I work throughout the day. But I take breaks during office hours. These breaks could be long - an hour and a half for walks, shopping, lunch, etc. Yes, it is annoying that I don't have time for vacations. Prefer to take 4 day vacations once every quarter. But for now, it is not happening.

·
June Dang
June Dang
Mar 16, 2023

Thank you for the great article. I myself used to get into your mental issue due to seeking a career that too overwhelm for myself to handle. We can only create real value when we have energy to do that, and so being balance to work and personal life is everything

·
habib oyero
habib oyero
Mar 16, 2023

Thanks for sharing your story Andrey, this is yet my best read for the week.

·
Abajit
Abajit
Mar 17, 2023

I feel the same too most of the time now. Since the past 4 to 5 months, the work feels redundant, all I'm doing is recreating the designs as closely as possible. I really enjoy learning new stuff, and building projects using those, but that's not what I do in my job at all. Still figuring stuff out. Would love to hear your advice.

Thank you for this blog post. Helped me get some clarity. Best wishes for you at your work, and also for you AI/ML journey.

·
·1 reply
Andrey Goncharov
Andrey Goncharov
Author
·Mar 17, 2023

My best advice would be to start working with a therapist. Best of luck and stay strong!

·
Narveer Rathore
Narveer Rathore
Mar 17, 2023

Wow! Thanks. This article is an eye-opener.

·
Peter C. Okereke
Peter C. Okereke
Mar 17, 2023

Interesting article, Andrey. Nice to read that you finally corrected your view of money as the ultimate destination to happiness. Thanks for sharing! So much from learn from this, as a young man myself in tech. JSYK, I sent you a connection request on LinkedIn (name is Peter Okereke). Hope to have meaningful conversations with you on matters of shared interest and life too.

·
QIuyuan (Sophie) Zhang
QIuyuan (Sophie) Zhang
Mar 27, 2023

i wonder if anyone at this company has not been through burnout yet. im also interested in AI but coulnt find oppurtunity to work on it, please write followups on how things go, thank you

·
·1 reply
Andrey Goncharov
Andrey Goncharov
Author
·Mar 27, 2023

Will do! Thanks fro reading!

·
Ludiville
Ludiville
Sep 11, 2023

Noice