Sign in
Alberto Gonzalez

22 comments

Carlos R. González Jiménez
Carlos R. González Jiménez
Feb 19, 2023

When you told me about the idea you had, I thought it was excellent, but seeing it written exceeded all my expectations. Articles like this confirm the wisdom of sharing knowledge, many people throughout the world encounter these problems every day, and here you show them an alternative solution

·
·1 reply
Alberto Gonzalez
Alberto Gonzalez
Author
·Feb 19, 2023

I'm glad you liked it and found it useful. I agree that sharing the knowledge we carry is something that has the capacity to move worlds. Therefore, I do it as often as I can.

·
Swati Sarangi
Swati Sarangi
Feb 21, 2023

Excellent write-up and too useful! Thanks for sharing it with the community. I have bookmarked it for reference and will let you know about my experience by applying it. This post is relatable to me because of the language used, i.e Python. Being a competitive coding enthusiast, I hope that this trick will help me to speed up my debugging process.

·
·1 reply
Alberto Gonzalez
Alberto Gonzalez
Author
·Feb 21, 2023

It will help you for sure. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

·
Victoria Lo
Victoria Lo
Feb 21, 2023

This is super insightful! Thanks for sharing Alberto Gonzalez!

·
·1 reply
Alberto Gonzalez
Alberto Gonzalez
Author
·Feb 21, 2023

My pleasure

·
Malavi Pande
Malavi Pande
Feb 21, 2023

I know that something happen inside a computer while we practice coding in the leetcode and hacker rank but this explanation is next level. Thank you Alberto such a great explanation !!!

The problem with the first approach is it is giving you the expected value index but not which where it first appear so that's why we introducing the variable to keep the track of the index if duplicates exist!!

·
·2 replies
Alberto Gonzalez
Alberto Gonzalez
Author
·Feb 21, 2023

You know someone actually reads your article when they answer your questions in it. Thank you, for reading and answering!

I plan on making an article explaining some interesting and non-conventional usages of binary search. Let me know if it sounds like a good idea.

·
Malavi Pande
Malavi Pande
Feb 21, 2023

Alberto Gonzalez Sounds super exiting go a head

·
Ketan Mate
Ketan Mate
Feb 22, 2023

Awesome read! Thanks for sharing!

·
·1 reply
Alberto Gonzalez
Alberto Gonzalez
Author
·Feb 22, 2023

Glad you enjoyed it ❤️

·
Jeffrey Onuigbo
Jeffrey Onuigbo
Feb 25, 2023

This is such an unusual approach to debugging and it's so great. Thanks for sharing man

·
·1 reply
Alberto Gonzalez
Alberto Gonzalez
Author
·Feb 25, 2023

You are welcome!

I'm planning on creating an extended version of this article with an approach that supports solutions in different programming languages. Let me know if it seems like a good idea.

Also, it would be great to do it as a community, so feel free to reach me on github if you want to collaborate with this: github.com/albexl

·
Yanoel Llano Boitel
Yanoel Llano Boitel
Feb 25, 2023

Great content!

·
·1 reply
Alberto Gonzalez
Alberto Gonzalez
Author
·Feb 25, 2023

Thanks teammate!

·
Vikas Singh
Vikas Singh
Feb 21, 2023

GOOD

·
·1 reply
Alberto Gonzalez
Alberto Gonzalez
Author
·Feb 25, 2023

THANKS

·
Eric Pérez Torres
Eric Pérez Torres
Feb 26, 2023

Great Article!!!

·
·1 reply
Alberto Gonzalez
Alberto Gonzalez
Author
·Feb 27, 2023

Glad you enjoyed it ❤

·
Alessandro
Alessandro
Mar 26, 2023

This is one of the best articles I have read in some time, brings me back to the TC days.

·
·1 reply
Alberto Gonzalez
Alberto Gonzalez
Author
·Mar 26, 2023

Glad you enjoyed it.

I made part II which is a little bit more technical. You can read it here: albexl.hashnode.dev/a-tale-of-debugging-th…

It is about taking this approach to a whole new level by making an actual tool to stress test solutions.

It would be great to have your feedback about it too.

·