David Herbert

746 likes

Β·

32.7K reads

95 comments

Okesanya Samuel
Okesanya Samuel
Feb 20, 2023

Man!! You're amazing You blew me up, it's like the story is pouring a whole lot of energy into me. This is the article I'll always come to read when am down! Keep excelling.

Β·
Β·1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
Β·Feb 20, 2023

This comment made my day. Thank youπŸ₯Ή

Β·
Eseose Cecilia-Roxanne Animhiaga
Jan 13, 2023

This was such a heartwarming read. A whole rollercoaster of so many emotions. I'm so happy for you Stranger!πŸŽ‰ This is only the beginning of so many wins πŸ†

Β·
Β·2 replies
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
Β·Jan 14, 2023

Thank you for reading.🫠 Amen!

Β·
Jan 15, 2023

You're welcomeDavid Herbert

Β·
Idris Abdul-Lateef
Idris Abdul-Lateef
Jan 13, 2023

Inspiring! Our journeys are essentially identical, even though the wins really haven't been forthcoming for me.

Overnight successes truly do take years of silent struggle. Keep winning, bro!

Β·
Β·3 replies
Victor Eke
Victor Eke
Jan 13, 2023

Your win is around the corner. Wishing you all the best, Idris.

Β·
Idris Abdul-Lateef
Idris Abdul-Lateef
Jan 14, 2023

Thanks, chief! WAGMI

Β·
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
Β·Jan 14, 2023

Just keep doing your thing man, things will eventually turn up.βœ¨πŸš€

Β·
Victor Eke
Victor Eke
Jan 13, 2023

Great post, David. Probably the longest year in review I have ever read.

Your story is truly inspiring and an evidence that working hard has its own reward. I can only pray you continue to excel and hope for the best for you moving forward. Congratulations and welcome to a an even greater year. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Β·
Β·1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
Β·Jan 14, 2023

Thanks man!🫠 I pray the same for myself and all of us.🧎🏽

Β·
Michael Anazodo
Michael Anazodo
Jan 13, 2023

I enjoyed reading this,it really inspired me to keep going man.Your struggles are prove of where you came from and even though you came from a very poor background you didn't let that define you.I pray you get to do many more awesome stuff,land that full time role and earn more money.Thanks manπŸ™

Β·
Β·1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
Β·Jan 14, 2023

Thank you for reading.🫠Amen.πŸ§ŽπŸ½πŸ™ŒπŸ½

Β·
Owolabi Peace
Owolabi Peace
Feb 11, 2023

Dear David, Thank you.

A friend sent me this link yesterday and when I saw the lent of the post I hesitated, because I had spent a lot of time reading a course and I was totally spent after.

Journey was challenging but it's beautiful how you fought through it, thank you, you inspire me.

So apparently I am a freelance writer, and recently I came across technical writing and it took my deepest interests because I've always loved tech but I didn't know where to come in.....so, finally technical writing gave me my entrance into tech.

I started my learning journey some days back and reading this has really pumped me up for the journey.

I had to create my hashnode account because of you and I'll consistently follow this space, you'll also see me on your other platform by God's grace🀭.

Thank you for choosing to inspire even as you aspire.

Cheers, David πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ

Β·
Β·1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
Β·Feb 20, 2023

Thank you for taking the time to read this even though you were already spent from your other course. I appreciate and I do wish you success in your tech endeavors. I do hope to see you around.🫠

Β·
Adedamola Samuel
Adedamola Samuel
Jan 13, 2023

This was such a heartwarming story. The way you made us feel your emotions through this blog. I love this ❀️. I will continue to look up to you where ever I go. Thank you ✌️

Β·
Β·1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
Β·Jan 14, 2023

Thanks man🫠

Β·
Kieri Ayibadoubara
Kieri Ayibadoubara
Jan 13, 2023

I'm inspired bro. Thank you for sharing

Β·
Β·1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
Β·Jan 14, 2023

Thank you for reading 🫠

Β·
Olutayo Jnr
Olutayo Jnr
Jan 13, 2023

i’m really motivated to get into tech;web development. That twitter thread of your wins of 2022 is so heartwarming. I’m going to create something like that really soon 🀞🏿

Β·
Divine Orji
Divine Orji
Jan 14, 2023

David. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I started following you on Twitter during that Enyata Buildup stuff, and since then, your growth and progress has been an inspiration to me. Keep winning brother!

Β·
Β·1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
Β·Jan 14, 2023

Thanks for reading manπŸŽ‰

Β·
Orlukwu Amarachi.
Orlukwu Amarachi.
Jan 14, 2023

Thank you for sharing this David. You’ve really inspired me and others I’m sure.

Β·
Oluwaseun Enoch
Oluwaseun Enoch
Jan 14, 2023

This is so inspirational, thank you for putting this together. I'm motivated, and not forgetting that this is just the beginning as there's still so many things to achieve. Thank you once again

Β·
Bashiru Akintayo
Bashiru Akintayo
Jan 14, 2023

Amazing, I never knew you went through a lot. There is always a lesson and a gold to mine in every individual stories. Thanks for sharing your story. Keep up the good work.

More wins πŸŽ‰

Β·
Mariam Akintayo
Mariam Akintayo
Jan 14, 2023

This is inspiring More wins πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†

Β·
Wilfred Obruche
Wilfred Obruche
Jan 14, 2023

I am super inspired. Thank you Dave.

Β·
Chinenye Anikwenze
Chinenye Anikwenze
Jan 14, 2023

Wow. Your journey was a rollercoaster indeed! My 2 cents on your regret on not doing more coding last year is - "na person wey chop dey code. You're adding incredible value in the industry whether you're coding directly, or explaining concepts to the simplest level"

Wishing you more wins come 2023 and beyond πŸ’πŸ’

Β·
Clinton Joy
Clinton Joy
Jan 14, 2023

This is very inspiring

Β·
Igboanugwo Collins
Igboanugwo Collins
Jan 15, 2023

Really inspiring... Keep moving

Β·
Opeyimika Aremu
Opeyimika Aremu
Jan 16, 2023

This is an inspiring article. I've often engaged with your tweets so learning about your story so far has helped balanced the "God when" with some "I need to do more".

May 2023 be a better year, man

Β·
Godwin Martins
Godwin Martins
Jan 17, 2023

This is beautiful and so inspiring. I love it for you. More wins man!

Β·
Abdul Rashid
Abdul Rashid
Jan 18, 2023

Wow! even with so many adversities, you still persevered. This really inspired me as I am going through some difficulties in my own life all whilst trying to start my tech journey. Anyways, more grease to your elbow brother πŸ’ͺ.

Β·
Abdul Rashid
Abdul Rashid
Jan 18, 2023

Lets connect on Twitter bro

Β·
Muhammad Mukhtar
Muhammad Mukhtar
Jan 22, 2023

This was really a good read and an inspiring one. I wish you the best of luck on this tech journey and i hope to catch up soon.

Β·
Omoyibo Innocent
Omoyibo Innocent
Jan 25, 2023

🀲🏾🀲🏾🀲🏾 this article!!!

Β·
Francis Duru
Francis Duru
Feb 5, 2023

Find read this post. I'm highly inspired.

Β·
Mueghe Abuemkeze
Mueghe Abuemkeze
Feb 5, 2023

Really worth reading. It's an inspiration to be honest. Key take for me-> Don't try chasing money early when u've not mastered the skill.

Β·
Chikaodili Ubosi
Chikaodili Ubosi
Feb 12, 2023

Thank you, David. I have a friend who's into technical writing and you just gave me a glimpse of what it is to be one. I'm proud of you PπŸ₯Ίβ€οΈ. For me, I've cried many times that maybe this tech thing is not for me and thought having a mentor equates me to doing well. Well, thank you for showing me I can do tech well if I'm determined to. Thank you! And I do hope you get the full-time frontend job you desire.

Β·
Vector Ojay
Vector Ojay
Feb 13, 2023

You read some articles, and they pierce right through you. You can just feel all the emotion coursing through you, as you read. Truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing this!!!πŸ’•

Β·
PEACE IRABOR
PEACE IRABOR
Feb 14, 2023

Wow!!! This was absolutely worth the read.

Thank you so much for sharing. I have been feeling quite down and beating myself up since the beginning of this year, but this has inspired me to push harder.

Thank you.

Β·
Chisom Chukwuma
Chisom Chukwuma
Feb 19, 2023

When people see the wins you post on twitter, they won't know how you got there. Keep going πŸš€

Β·
Β·1 reply
David Herbert
David Herbert
Author
Β·Feb 20, 2023

Lol, I wish I could shake or hug you for this comment.😭

Β·
Olayinka Samuel Oluwapelumi
Olayinka Samuel Oluwapelumi
Mar 27, 2023

Thank you, Dave!

I see your daily write-up as a push for me to do better and not go find work but it's not easy not having a good background and taking Tech alongside.

Thank you for the information and inspiration to do better

Β·
Utibe Udoma
Utibe Udoma
Mar 28, 2023

This is inspiring

Β·
James Γ€jΓ yΓ­
James Γ€jΓ yΓ­
Apr 16, 2023

Big lessons learnt! This is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing and Congratulations for the wins you've had.

Β·
Preeti Paryani
Preeti Paryani
Apr 18, 2023

Your brother was right when he says that you write good and structured, amazing blog and its a must for newbies in tech.

Β·
Mark Wonah
Mark Wonah
Feb 6, 2023

This is a good read, and well written. I'm barely few months into learning programming and this is a good motivation especially as I also reside in Port Harcourt. Thank you David.

Β·
Evelyn Oviangbede
Evelyn Oviangbede
Feb 7, 2023

Congratulations David !πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰.

Β·
Ebenezer Mensah
Ebenezer Mensah
Feb 7, 2023

Wooow. I'm inspired. God bless you for sharing this with us. More height to reach out in 2023. Cheers to greatness

Β·
MaryShodiya
MaryShodiya
Feb 8, 2023

Inspiring... Hope to share mine someday

Β·
Kene Okeke
Kene Okeke
Feb 10, 2023

Thanks so much for sharing your story, it was very inspiring and motivating

Β·
AUGUSTINE VICTOR
AUGUSTINE VICTOR
Feb 14, 2023

This was inspiring to read. Consistency is key I pray you keep soaring higher.

Β·
Mohammed Bhadmus
Mohammed Bhadmus
Feb 14, 2023

Beautiful piece, I'm inspired, I'll very soon come to give my own review.

Β·
Arinze "Talius" EbeleDike
Arinze "Talius" EbeleDike
Feb 18, 2023

An amazing story! Cheers to your success so far, and here's to more to come.

Β·
Daniel Chidozie
Daniel Chidozie
Feb 20, 2023

Bro you're amazing I've always want to do tech but I've been lazy using the little money I have do crazy things.. You really inspire me bro thanks so much God bless you brother you gave me that wake up call .. God bless

Β·
Ibukun Toyosi
Ibukun Toyosi
Feb 20, 2023

Consistency 🫢

Β·
Olamide Balogun
Olamide Balogun
Feb 21, 2023

Motivated!!! Thanks man, don't stop doing what you love. Consistency has always been my problem. Really appreciate this article!

Β·
Victor Fawole
Victor Fawole
Feb 21, 2023

Your story is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Β·
Muhsinah Alaran
Muhsinah Alaran
Feb 22, 2023

This is wholesome and inspiring. I'll like to turn to this whenever I need a motivation and hope to write one soon. Thank you for sharing

Β·
James Uduak
James Uduak
Mar 7, 2023

I'm truly inspired i almost gave up,thank you dave.

Β·
Olowolagba Peter
Olowolagba Peter
Mar 8, 2023

😭😭... I'm crying because when I finally make it, I'll write longer than this. I've been through too much for my young age. This is inspiring and I motivated not to give up

Β·
Ngoran Aristide
Ngoran Aristide
Mar 8, 2023

I immediately created an account here just to place my comment and like the article. Herbert this article is honestly so amazing. It contains a lot of deep information. Thank you. Yes I’m motivated.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Ngoran Aristide
Ngoran Aristide
Mar 8, 2023

Plus I’ve looked at your twitter profile multiple times and you’ve always had something extremely insightful to share. What affects me is confidence.

Β·