Sign in
Terka Codes

1 like

32 reads

3 comments

Maciek Fitzner
Maciek Fitzner
Jan 7, 2023

Oh, this goes on my to-read list. I've never learnt transform matrix, because I wasn't sure my go-to mode - a chain of translations and rotations along various axes, all in a very specific order - could be correctly written with a matrix. But it's worth a try, even if it doesn't get me where I want it to. Case in point: the new syntax - rotate: (axis) (angle) - didn't look very interesting until I found out how it doesn't interfere with/override the traditional transform. It's hard to explain, I'd have to illustrate it with a codepen example - but it was kinda mindblowing!

2 replies
Terka Codes
Terka Codes
Author
Jan 10, 2023

I wasn't familiar with the matrix property until I had difficulty zooming in on an image and rotating it simultaneously. I encountered issues because I wanted an image to appear rotated and mirrored on a desktop but not a mobile device. This is the only solution I found. To be honest, I wrote this article mainly as a reminder for myself, but I'm glad it was able to help others as well. 馃榿

Maciek Fitzner
Maciek Fitzner
Jan 10, 2023

Terka Codes Yeah, sometimes transforms are unpredictable. It's good that we have various ways of handling them. And yeah, I get that, that is a very practical application of having a blog - and I myself like to put things down on paper/screen to visualize, understand or recall them, it's just that I haven't used the blog for it yet.