Julia Undeutsch

294 likes

Β·

11.4K reads

48 comments

Alex Bourlotos
Alex Bourlotos
Aug 21, 2022

This is very smart! I actually worked as a QA for a software team before becoming a developer so I was exposed directly to the agile process before I learned the code!

I think this is spot on. Focusing on talking about the software development lifecycle, working with others and estimating time are much more important to a hiring entity than whether or not you can find a solution to a coding problem.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 21, 2022

Thanks for your comment and sharing your insights Alex!

Β·
K M H Mubin
K M H Mubin
Aug 21, 2022

After reading the whole article, I'm speechless. How can a person present a simple calculator as the product of the yearπŸ™ˆ. It explains how to write the project details on the CV and how to Present it to the Interviewer.

I recommend this article for a new developer who is confused about how to write and present the project during the interview process.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 21, 2022

Thank you so much for you kind words ☺️

Β·
Sreekesh Iyer
Sreekesh Iyer
Aug 21, 2022

A lot of valuable information out there. Thanks for sharing πŸ™Œ And Good luck with the contest as well πŸ˜„

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 21, 2022

Thanks Sreekesh! I really appreciate it ☺️

Β·
Heri Yanto
Heri Yanto
Aug 21, 2022

What a great article! You made a robust plan for your project.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 21, 2022

Thanks Heri, it means a lot!

Β·
Victor Eke
Victor Eke
Aug 22, 2022

Amazing writing, Julia. Sold this project better than most full-stack projects built on complex technologies I've seen.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 22, 2022

Thank you for your comment Victor, it really means a lot!

Β·
Ammaar Aslam
Ammaar Aslam
Aug 22, 2022

Very insightful article Julia Undeutsch! Especially the "How to write about this project in your CV" section. I learned something really valuable from this article. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to more amazing articles from you!

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 22, 2022

Thank you Ammaar, appreciate your comment.

Β·
Ash Vic
Ash Vic
Aug 22, 2022

So much valuable information here. Thank you for sharing (^_^)

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 22, 2022

Thanks Ash ☺️

Β·
Sachin
Sachin
Aug 22, 2022

Great writing and presentation skills you have got. You have articulated your thought beyond imagination.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 22, 2022

Thank you Sachin. Really means a lot.

Β·
DAWUD ADAVIRUKU
DAWUD ADAVIRUKU
Aug 22, 2022

Excellent article. Thanks for putting this up.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 22, 2022

Glad you like it, thanks!

Β·
Horia
Horia
Aug 22, 2022

Your methods are good practices that every beginner developer should know and build upon. I am also a self taught FE developer with 6+ years experience and I used many of your tactics in interviews along the way. In fact, just coming from an interview where I used some of them and it went great :) In this fast paced and constantly changing branch, versatility is an important ability, as it's almost impossible to master all concepts/technologies required in a project. If you say that your mindset is oriented towards constantly learning new things and adapting to challenges, it will give you a big advantage in interviews. Make this look like one of your strenghts and it will get you a long way.

Best of luck Julia, and thank you for the article. Congratulations on your job, you're going to be a great developer !

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 22, 2022

Thank you for your comment Horia! I really appreciate it.

Β·
Md. Musfiqur Rahaman
Md. Musfiqur Rahaman
Aug 22, 2022

This article is a gem. Thanks, Julia, for sharing your experience. I never thought many things could be told for only an HTML, CSS, and JavaScript project. Gain a lot of insights from this article.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 22, 2022

Thanks Musfiqur. Glad it helped.

Β·
Dinesh
Dinesh
Aug 22, 2022

Very well written πŸ‘. This would definitely help out someone who is trying to get their first job as a developer.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 22, 2022

Thanks for your comment Dinesh!

Β·
Eleftheria Batsou
Eleftheria Batsou
Aug 22, 2022

Great writeup, I loved all the information you shared!

Keep it up with the rest of the challenge :)

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 22, 2022

Thanks Eleftheria, really means a lot.

I am trying my best to keep the good work up. :)

Β·
Bilal Khan
Bilal Khan
Aug 22, 2022

You focused on quality instead of quantity.

Β·
Rabiul Akand
Rabiul Akand
Aug 23, 2022

Informative πŸ‘, we want more and more like this one πŸ₯°

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 25, 2022

Thank you so much for you comment Rabiul!

Β·
Sonali Rajput
Sonali Rajput
Aug 25, 2022

It was a great read !! Thank you so much Julia for sharing this insightful information 😊🀍

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 25, 2022

Glad to hear Sonali!

Β·
Anderson Osayerie
Anderson Osayerie
Aug 25, 2022

A lot of useful information that would help on a job interview. Thanks for this article

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 25, 2022

Thanks for your comment Osayerie!

Β·
Lucy Macartney
Lucy Macartney
Aug 25, 2022

What an amazing way to present a project! This is so clearly laid out and interesting and I would have never thought of presenting something like this. Love it!

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 25, 2022

Thanks Lucy ☺️

Β·
Avinash Vagh
Avinash Vagh
Aug 25, 2022

Damn' this is mind blowing πŸš€ thank you so much. Its gonna very much helpful to me as I'm gonna looking for job from next month.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 25, 2022

Glad it helped! Wish you best of luck at job hunting πŸ€

Β·
Oye Ibrahim
Oye Ibrahim
Aug 25, 2022

I really enjoy reading this

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 25, 2022

Glad you enjoyed.

Β·
Sameer  Ijaz
Sameer  Ijaz
Aug 25, 2022

It's my first time reading someone article with this much focus.I'm new to this field ,and this article has just boosted my confidence. since I've no money to spend so any courses πŸ˜ƒ so I'm learning at my own.To be honest it's seems hard now but I now I'll worth it if I stick to this core of the actions I've just learned HTML5 and CSS3 now I'm going to start my love JavaScript i'd your guide like how much time should I spent on JavaScript .(also GitHub , replit on their way)

Β·
Aquib Jawed
Aquib Jawed
Aug 25, 2022

Damn, this was really interesting read πŸš€

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 25, 2022

Thanks for you comment Aquib.

Β·
Zach
Zach
Aug 26, 2022

In my honest humble opinion, the interviewer is already bored.

Very unrealistic.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Aug 26, 2022

I guess everyone has to find their own way that works best for them.

With this kind of presentation I could skip the second round and got the job the next day.

And I wish that I can help many others have the same success with this approach as well.

Β·
Oleg Gromov
Oleg Gromov
Aug 26, 2022

An interesting thing is that even as you progress through career, knowing how to package and present your work (as well as yourself to that matter) will always remain an invaluable skill.

After interviewing hundreds of developers I know that many amazing and talented developers don't even try to stand out. And that's a pity.

Β·
Andrew Baisden
Andrew Baisden
Sep 10, 2022

Very good article Julia Undeutsch that was definitely worth the wait and a good read.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Julia Undeutsch
Julia Undeutsch
Author
Β·Sep 13, 2022

Thanks Andrew. Appreciate it!

Β·
Michael Rehnert
Michael Rehnert
Sep 13, 2022

Good lord! That was impressively thorough.

I love how you intertwined your existing knowledge and attention to detail with sensible humility throughout, in the sense that, for some of the topics, you didn't claim to have personal experience but just what you had heard or read about it.

I would add that one should apply this method to any previous experience, whether or not it was within the IT industry.

Take any knowledge already gained or prior exposure to tech-related concepts, even if only troubleshooting a coworker's buggy computer, and apply the same template.

While still being truthful, you should leverage each bit of experience and any takeaways to your advantage, both on your resume/CV and during the interview.

Β·