Jacob Good

191 likes

·

4.5K reads

12 comments

Orion Palmer
Orion Palmer
Jun 29, 2022

I'm glad you brought up the aspect of using your time with a tutorial to modify the project. I think a lot of beginners overlook this aspect of the tutorial.

Break it, change, incorporate features from another tutorial into it.

The product that you are making isn't done until you say it's done.

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Jul 1, 2022

Thanks Orion! That's always my first question when watching a tutorial. "How can I make this my own?"

·
Elvis Van
Elvis Van
Jun 30, 2022

I was reading the title thinking "this is ridiculous, i'll just skim thru this as a fun reference", but now that i have read it, man, those ideas make some sense =)) thanks for an awesome article Jacob👌🏻

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Jul 1, 2022

Thank you Elvis! I've definitely made mistakes with tutorials and didn't want others to do the same 😊

·
Juan F Gonzalez
Juan F Gonzalez
Jun 30, 2022

Interesting title for a somewhat disjointed post about the topic. Though I get the point of enjoying the time learning from tutorials, actual "tutorial hell" it's when the person cannot do anything by themselves other than what's presented on tutorials.

·
Dogan Saglam (Dawn)
Dogan Saglam (Dawn)
Jul 1, 2022

Another great and clear article! I 100% agree on every aspect of it. Tutorials are great learning tools when you know how to use them properly for your advantage. 🙌

·
victor josiah
victor josiah
Jul 1, 2022

This is awesome, at first I wanted to see reasons why one should be in tutorial hell and I found out that you are actually bring them out of it.

Nice points.

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Jul 1, 2022

Thanks Victor! If I can help, I'll try my best :)

·
Sakun Pushpitha
Sakun Pushpitha
Jun 30, 2022

Straight to the point with clear messages. Excellent post. Thank you Jacob Good❤️

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Jul 1, 2022

Glad you enjoyed it Sakun 😄 Thanks!

·
Cess
Cess
Jul 3, 2022

Thanks for sharing

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Jul 5, 2022

Always happy to share :) I'm glad you liked it!

·