Jorge Romero

108 likes

·

2.7K reads

7 comments

Brian Scramlin
Brian Scramlin
Jun 13, 2022

Wow! I enjoyed seeing seeing how you solved each issue as it came up and didn’t let it stop you.

How did you go about writing your post—did you document your journey as you went, or go back later and try to remember each step?

I honestly forgot about Deno after all the initial buzz. I hope it matures quickly!

·
·1 reply
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Author
·Jun 13, 2022

Hi Brian! I appreciate your comment! Thank you!

I usually write and work on the project at the same time. There is a lot of back and forth. And I approach it as writing a tutorial for myself. 😋

I use the Obsidian app, because it is very easy and pleasant to write on it. I usually have a VSCode, obsidian and chrome windows running at the same time.

After that I go back and polish a bit removing stuff that no longer makes sense, or was wrong, or adding stuff 😅

I honestly like Deno a lot. It is easier for me to reason about than Node. But I still use Node much more often.

But I agree that deno is still a bit rough around the edges. But where it works it really shines imo. For this use case I think Deno was the best option 😅😅

·
Carlonn Rivers
Carlonn Rivers
Jun 14, 2022

Building just for learning purposes and building sake.

I love it!

·
·2 replies
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Author
·Jun 14, 2022

Yup! That was pretty much the purpose hahaha

It works wonders. Having to face unexpected roadblocks is amazing for really learning.

·
Carlonn Rivers
Carlonn Rivers
Jun 15, 2022

Jorge Romero that's my goto as well, building for learning.

Following you on Twitter to occasionally see what other experiments you're up to!

·
Developer Avocado
Developer Avocado
Jul 6, 2022

Loved these tips, thanks for sharing 👍

·
·1 reply
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Author
·Jul 11, 2022

Thank you for taking the time for reading :D