Daniel Cranney

297 likes

·

6.8K reads

39 comments

Derick Pambah
Derick Pambah
May 27, 2022

Wow! This is so encouraging. I am currently undertaking BSC Computer Science degree and venturing into Backend programming with Python Flask/Django. This article has indeed been an eye opener. Thank you so much Daniel.

·
Mbaziira Ronald
Mbaziira Ronald
May 23, 2022

This is an amazing and inspiring article, Daniel.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us my friend 🙌

·
·1 reply
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

No worries at all, I’m glad it could help! I’m looking forward to seeing what you build!

·
Anuoluwapo Balogun
Anuoluwapo Balogun
May 23, 2022

Inspiring 🙏🏽😊

·
·1 reply
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

Thank you so much, good luck on your journey!

·
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
May 23, 2022

You've had an insightful journey so far; thanks for sharing!

·
·2 replies
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

No problem Favourite! It’s been a lot of fun and I’ve learned a lot! Looking forward to seeing what you build!

·
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
May 27, 2022
·
Monica Matthews
Monica Matthews
May 23, 2022

Excellent write-up!

·
·1 reply
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

Ahh thank you Monica, really glad you liked it!

·
Gajender Tyagi
Gajender Tyagi
May 24, 2022

Very interesting, but the GIFs are very distracting.

·
·2 replies
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

Apologies, hope you liked the article though!

·
Gajender Tyagi
Gajender Tyagi
May 27, 2022

Yes, the article is great it especially drew my attention because I'm working on my Saas as well so learned a few things from your article. Thanks Daniel Cranney

·
sanish chirayath
sanish chirayath
May 24, 2022

Truly inspiring!

·
·1 reply
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

Ahh thank you so much!

·
Mohamed Ghouse Pasha
Mohamed Ghouse Pasha
May 25, 2022

Thanks Daniel! Got to learn a lot of things. All the best for your SaaS.

·
·1 reply
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

Thanks so much Mohamed! It was an amazing journey, and I’m glad it’s been helpful for you too!

·
Utkarsh Nagar
Utkarsh Nagar
May 25, 2022

Really Insightful !! Great work Daniel.

·
·2 replies
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

Thank you so much, I’m looking forward to seeing what you build too 😀

·
Utkarsh Nagar
Utkarsh Nagar
May 27, 2022

Daniel Cranney I recently built focusly.vercel.app to help people increase their productivity. Would love to know your thoughts.

·
Prudence Emudianughe
Prudence Emudianughe
May 25, 2022

Thank you Daniel! I am currently learning to code to build a product and your story is so inspiring and helpful.

🙈I took out time and read through other of your articles and they're so relatable

And your product is amazing.

Edit: products are amazing.

Thank you🙌🏽

·
·1 reply
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

Prudence that’s so kind of you! I’ve worked really hard to build and ship interesting projects, but to know other people are impressed by them is a great feeling! I’m looking forward to seeing what you build 😀

·
Pearl Akpan
Pearl Akpan
May 25, 2022

reading this article while going through a roller coaster of emotions that come with learning js is truly inspiring. for context, I started learning js last month, but it's been both fun & not so easy.

so this was truly an encouraging read & thank you for sharing.

·
·1 reply
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

No problem Pearl! Hopefully it’ll help you to know what to expect. The most important thing to know is you WILL get there and you ARE becoming a better developer with every bug that you solve.

·
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
May 26, 2022

Such a great read with excellent side-projects and SaaS too! I revamped my Github profile with ProfileMe.dev. Excellent stuff you're doing Daniel. Keep up the great work.

I only wish you had a read on "how to come up with brilliant ideas for a SaaS" 🤣

·
·1 reply
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

Thank you so much Jacob, and I love hearing that you used ProfileMe, that’s great!

Good point, and thanks for writing the title of my next article 😂

·
Bolarinwa Ajayi
Bolarinwa Ajayi
May 26, 2022

This is so inspiring and educating. It's a great piece.

·
·1 reply
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

Thank you Ajayi, that’s really kind of you! Feel free to connect with me, I’d love to see what you build/work on!

·
Tobias
Tobias
May 26, 2022

Thank you for sharing. I like your color palette project alot, great design, simple and appealing. Bookmarked it right away :)

·
·1 reply
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 27, 2022

Thank you Tobias! I’m continuing to work on all the projects and have some cool features lined up for ColorHub! It’s great to know you like it 😀

·
Andrew Baisden
Andrew Baisden
May 27, 2022

Inspirational great article Daniel Cranney!

·
·1 reply
Daniel Cranney
Daniel Cranney
Author
·May 28, 2022

Thanks Andrew!

·
Carlonn Rivers
Carlonn Rivers
May 31, 2022

Amazing! Love the green of it!

I hope to one day create a SaaS as well!

·
Kevin Xu
Kevin Xu
May 29, 2022

Hey Daniel! Loved the blog post, especially point 8 I love building tutorial projects before applying new tech in my stack. Though, to help I have started to start documenting blog posts associated so I remember the logic and can quickly teach myself!

Side note: On point 5, would it be helpful if you could quickly pay an expert to help go through your code and fix your bug for you while explaining why it's broken?

·
Taneka Blair
Taneka Blair
May 29, 2022

Wow Daniel, thank you for sharing, I too aspire to follow in your footsteps. I appreciate you being bold enough to share your journey with others.

·
Nicola Toledo
Nicola Toledo
May 29, 2022

why didn't you use no-code tools? in a few weeks you would be able to release the first mvp

·
The Overaged Developer
The Overaged Developer
May 29, 2022

Wow! What a journey you've had! Loved the fact that you were picking up technologies based on the goals you were trying to achieve. This was truly inspiring. Great work, Daniel.

·
Bheem
Bheem
May 30, 2022

Also, don't try to put too much in your head, you will be overwhelmed. Your body has its limitations.

·
Tosin Lasisi
Tosin Lasisi
Aug 13, 2022

You are an awesome writer, i did read to the end.

I started my journey as a software engineer 4 months ago and I’m sure lessons I learnt from this article would come in handy.

·