Toriola Faidat Olabisi

35 likes

539 reads

6 comments

Miki Szeles
Miki Szeles
May 22, 2022

Great article Toriora. 馃憦馃憦

I always dreamt of having a mentor and finally around 9 years ago I had one and I made miracles (at least on my level) under his guidance.

It only last 1,5 years as he left the company.

After that I was always wondering how much I could achieve if I would have had a mentor.

It took me years to realize I can achieve great things on my own without having a mentor.

Nowadays I am mentoring one of my younger colleague and I just hope I will be as inspiring as my mentor was back then.

Chijioke Chika
Chijioke Chika
May 22, 2022

You are on point, Toriola.

The earlier people realize how counterproductive going this way is, the better.

Tapas Adhikary
Tapas Adhikary
May 23, 2022

Toriola Faidat Olabisi

Great points. I keep getting this request a lot on Twitter and LinkedIn, and in most cases, I have to push back due to other commitments. However, if someone starts with questions, keeping it curious, I see the mentorship has already been started without realizing it.

So I relate to it.

Fernando Doglio
Fernando Doglio
May 23, 2022

Nice write up! More people should reach out and ask for help directly! It is true that there are lots of people who will ignore you, but there are others who will definitely go the extra mile to help. All you have to do is ask, worst thing that can happen? A "no", best thing? You learn and make a potential new connection for life.

Andrew Baisden
Andrew Baisden
May 27, 2022

Nice I can see so much valuable information and tips here good post Toriola Faidat Olabisi.

Dev Franklin
Dev Franklin
May 28, 2022

It's pretty inspiring