Cess
May 2, 2022

Thanks for sharing

·
Eleftheria Batsou
Eleftheria Batsou
May 2, 2022

Great article Yax!

p.s. Tip: It'd be nice to add your social media handlers in your Hashnode profile so people can follow easier your work.

·
Diego Ballesteros (Relatable Code)
Diego Ballesteros (Relatable Code)
May 2, 2022

Definitely agree with learning about your company's tech stack. It has so many added benefits of understanding that specific tech stack in a production environment. The fundamentals gained from this can be passed on to future jobs/projects as well.

·
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
May 2, 2022

Loved the article. I'm looking forward to utilizing some of your ideas. I like how you said don't be afraid to learn even if you could do some extra work to help the company. Both would benefit, but I think you're dead on that the latter could be crucial in key situations! Thanks!

·
Tanish Shrivastava
Tanish Shrivastava
Sep 10, 2022

Some really good advice here. and for a change, it is not about how to pass an interview, or how to solve codewars or other problem sites!

·
Mathilde Buxton
Mathilde Buxton
May 4, 2022

Nice article!

·
Bruce Wells
Bruce Wells
May 7, 2022

Great article and insights.

I find the most important thing is understanding the problem you are trying to understand. You can't solve I a problem you don't understand.

Talking with end users is also key. Often product managers are often not good at understanding or communicating the problem.

Next, understand your current tech stack, probably 50% of what you need to do is already done.

And finally, the simpler the solution is better. KISS. Don't over engineer.

·
Sérgio Martins
Sérgio Martins
May 14, 2022

This is a great piece!

And very relatable to my early days too 😅

·