Jacob Good

267 likes

·

8.3K reads

27 comments

GraceOS.
GraceOS.
Apr 9, 2022

I am working on this right away. Yeah, I think that invisibility thing works too, whenever my phone isn't around I tend to do something else but as soon as my phone is very close, I keeping pressing it🥺. Thanks for sharing though 😊 💪

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Apr 9, 2022

Absolutely! I don't mind "losing" my phone for a bit if it gets me focused :)

·
Diego Ballesteros (Relatable Code)
Diego Ballesteros (Relatable Code)
Apr 8, 2022

Probably the hardest for me is to make it satisfying. Working on that as much as I can. A big believer in the first one though. Feel like this applies to coding in general as well.

Break it down to the smallest step possible and it becomes so much less overwhelming.

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Apr 8, 2022

Exactly. Small manageable chunks will build up over time as long as you're getting repetitions.

I agree that making it satisfying is the hardest. James made it clear that he still struggles with bad habits (me too) because the alternatives aren't more attractive, just less 'destructive.'

·
Sir Fongfong
Sir Fongfong
Apr 8, 2022

Great post! I just started reading this book after noticing it frequently recommended. I hope to finish it, and perhaps re-read it as you do, to reap its benefits.

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Apr 8, 2022

Thanks! I hope so too :) It's not too long but has so much useful information. I love the chapter summaries and real-world chapter introductions with example stories.

·
Anuoluwapo Balogun
Anuoluwapo Balogun
Apr 8, 2022

Thank you for this amazing 👏🏽

·
·2 replies
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Apr 8, 2022

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) Good luck on starting something new!

·
Anuoluwapo Balogun
Anuoluwapo Balogun
Apr 8, 2022
·
Victor Eke
Victor Eke
Apr 10, 2022

I love the ideas you shared in this article Jacob Good, especially the benefits of repetition in building a new habit. 30 minutes every day is definitely better than 7hrs once a week. A principle I live by. 😊

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Apr 10, 2022

Right on! Building that habit is better than going all in on 1 day a week/month/etc. You can always scale up :)

·
Eyuel Dan⭐⭐⭐
Eyuel Dan⭐⭐⭐
Apr 10, 2022

Wow, thanks for this article. this was really inspiring

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Apr 10, 2022

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it 😃

·
Eleftheria Batsou
Eleftheria Batsou
Apr 11, 2022

Thank you Jacob Good for the remainder of the atomic habits rules!!!

I bookmarked your article, it's a great summary of the book!

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Apr 11, 2022

Thanks! I've learned something and applied something different each time I read it :)

·
Boris Roden
Boris Roden
Apr 11, 2022

Cool!!!

·
·2 replies
刘long
刘long
Apr 14, 2022

cool

·
刘long
刘long
Apr 14, 2022
·
Anastasia Dyubaylo
Anastasia Dyubaylo
Apr 14, 2022

Great!!

·
The Revealer
The Revealer
Apr 14, 2022

This is an awesome summary of a great book. i think am gonna check it out

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Apr 14, 2022

Thanks! I highly recommend it. He does a great job breaking it down and provides very memorable examples.

·
Fatiu IBRAHIM
Fatiu IBRAHIM
Apr 14, 2022

Incidentally, I recently listened to the audio summary of Atomic Habits. This article really put it ALL in a coding context. Thank you!

·
Vedant Gandhi
Vedant Gandhi
Apr 15, 2022

I was on verge of giving up things but now I understand that it is not just my problem and it is not a problem which I cannot solve.So Thank you for the hopes. A great article that everyone must read.

·
·1 reply
Jacob Good
Jacob Good
Author
·Apr 19, 2022

Glad you enjoyed it and it helped you get to that next level and keep going :)

·
samiran
samiran
Apr 18, 2022

save

·
Jean-Mark Wright
Jean-Mark Wright
Apr 21, 2022

Thanks for the great summary! I have this book in Audible now. I need to finish listening to it, and see how I can apply these principles.

·