Nikush Dalia

111 likes

·

6.2K reads

17 comments

Mohit Yadav
Mohit Yadav
Mar 20, 2022

You have a great outlook! 😃 As Miki Szeles said, finding the right balance could be hard.

Even though I'm a teen and don't have much experience, I could only hope for the best. 😅

I usually work on projects for 15-16 hours straight, then frustrate over a silly bug and dump the idea out of laziness. That's the most challenging part, and I wish I could avoid that ❤️

·
·2 replies
Nikush Dalia
Nikush Dalia
Author
·Mar 20, 2022

Marathon, not a sprint, but you will also learn this naturally with time

·
Mohit Yadav
Mohit Yadav
Mar 21, 2022

Awesome to see some light at the end of the tunnel, Nikush!

·
nichromat
nichromat
Mar 28, 2022

I have the same problem. I'm on too many projects 😓. Not only that, but I got the point where if I do 1 of them, I screw up all my routines.

When I try to abandon some, I blame myself for not completing them. But I think it is time to understand I'm not a superhuman.

Thank you for this post. It has made my day 👍

·
Asaju Enitan Michael
Asaju Enitan Michael
Mar 28, 2022

I didn't realize how much I needed to hear this until I saw this article. Thank you for the insight, now I can feel less like a loser and use my 2 brain cells for selected hobbies than trying to balance all at once.

·
Miki Szeles
Miki Szeles
Mar 19, 2022

Great post Nikush. 👏

Finding the right balance between family time, work and hobbies is a big challenge.

I was struggling with it for quite a long time, but I do think finally I was able to find it.

But of course it still needs little adjustments. 😊

·
Swati Sarangi
Swati Sarangi
Mar 20, 2022

What an thought provoking article! Without hobbies , life can't be enjoyed but to pursue hobbies should not be a hectic task. If you're passionate about something , your passion will find its own time slot in your daily routine, I believe.

·
Kaushal Joshi
Kaushal Joshi
Mar 27, 2022

I can totally relate to your thoughts. I too, sometimes get exhausted or burned out just by thinking about all the things I am doing/wanting to do in life.

We are limited by the energy and the time we have. So doing everything that we aim for is almost impossible. But what we can do, is focus on a few things that are the most important for us and manage our time/energy for everything else accordingly.

For instance, I prioritize my internship, academics and personal learnings and spend time with things that I love - cinema, books, music accordingly.

While doing that I make sure that I am getting proper sleep, doing some physical activity daily and if possible meditation. You can add other things that make you happy.

·
Blake Connally
Blake Connally
Mar 28, 2022

I agree with this.

I ran a small software consulting group for four years. In that time the company was my sole-focus. I had no friends, no girlfriend, family was 1000 miles away, never went out. Just focused on that business.

Within four years it grew beyond what I could imagine but everything else suffered and took almost two years to repair (reconnecting with friends, regret of letting relationships fail, reconnecting with family).

The past year I took on many of my old hobbies. Working on cars and going to the gym suck up so much of my time now. But... my business and career has suffered now from how much time they've taken.

What I am growing to realize is that there is a time for everything. Four years of my life I was meant to focus with my head down on my business. Just because my focus has changed, it doesn't mean that I am wrong for doing so.

Have to let your mind take you places for a bit then analyze if you really enjoy where you're at.

·
·1 reply
Nikush Dalia
Nikush Dalia
Author
·Mar 28, 2022

Yes!! You get it!

·
Mehran Taherimoud
Mehran Taherimoud
Mar 29, 2022

Can't agree more. Thanks for sharing. I think many of us suffer of trying to be ultra productive and it is actually damaging our health, relationship and self confidence. It was a great read.

·
KCM
KCM
Mar 31, 2022

what I wanted to hear and where my life is at..Can't wait to say I'm a pro at the current ones I'm focusing on.

·
Matthew Hashem
Matthew Hashem
Apr 2, 2022

Thank you , I was thrilled to bits ❤️ we must always remember to use fire 🔥 inside us ,and be careful not to burn ourself 👌

·
Mayju
Mayju
Mar 19, 2022

Good read! Thanks for sharing!! I can definitely relate to you, Nikush! I feel like I am still in the process of trying to find that balance. I cannot even bring myself to finish one project let alone projects. I've just been reading/ learning a lot for a job and trying to find a balance with family/friends.

·
·1 reply
Nikush Dalia
Nikush Dalia
Author
·Mar 19, 2022

Just gotta take it easy, pat yourself on the back for the things you are doing because you will eventually find that project that gets you endlessly excited. Took me a long time to find mine.

·
Nitin Reddy
Nitin Reddy
Mar 28, 2022

Agree with you. I am still trying to figure out the tasks that I should prioritise on a day-to-day basis.

·
Waren Gonzaga
Waren Gonzaga
Mar 28, 2022

This is a good read! Relate so much with my current situation, got my dream job and business but my personal open source project is left behind. I want to publish blog but can't find the right time to do it. I think this is the right time to balance everything in my life. Thank you for reminding us!

·