Sign in
Ruurtjan Pul

58 likes

391 reads

14 comments

abdellah hariti
abdellah hariti
Mar 17, 2022

Hi Ruurtjan, thank you for sharing such an inspiring story.

I wish you all the good luck in your entrepreneurial journey.

1 reply
Ruurtjan Pul
Ruurtjan Pul
Author
Mar 17, 2022
Chiu Yein
Chiu Yein
Mar 17, 2022

Hey Ruurtjan Pul thanks for sharing your journey! Hope can see on your sharing on how to pick the right side project. Thank you for the inspiration!

1 reply
Ruurtjan Pul
Ruurtjan Pul
Author
Mar 17, 2022

You're welcome :) I'll share that post first on my Twitter, and will repost it to hashnode a couple of weeks later.

Eleftheria Batsou
Eleftheria Batsou
Mar 17, 2022

That's actually very inspiring! And your wife must have a lot of faith in you, JK 馃槉.

Thank you Ruurtjan Pul!

1 reply
Ruurtjan Pul
Ruurtjan Pul
Author
Mar 17, 2022

Haha, yeah we sat down and discuss if it was possible and if we wanted to take the risk. Super happy to have her support and to be able to do this :)

Miki Szeles
Miki Szeles
Mar 17, 2022

What an exhaustive list of projects.

Congratulations, both for the projects and also fkr being brave enough to choose the freelancer way. 馃槉

2 replies
Ruurtjan Pul
Ruurtjan Pul
Author
Mar 17, 2022

Thank you :) It's indeed been a long time in the making, but glad to be able to give it a go.

Miki Szeles
Miki Szeles
Mar 17, 2022

Recently I also started considering becoming a freelancer Ruurtjan Pul 馃槉

Swati Sarangi
Swati Sarangi
Mar 18, 2022

It takes a lot of guts to quit the job which you don't enjoy doing. Congratulations to Ruurtjan Pul to be publicly writing this. You will definitely have more time and freedom to do what you actually want to do and that's what will bring immense satisfaction to you!

1 reply
Ruurtjan Pul
Ruurtjan Pul
Author
Mar 18, 2022

To be fair, my former employer was great! I couldn't resist the urge to start my own thing, though ;) But indeed, being solely responsible for something brings more satisfaction when you see it's getting results :)

Mohit Yadav
Mohit Yadav
Mar 18, 2022

Wow, I never took my side projects seriously. I think I hit inspiration! Thanks for this amazing blog post 馃槉

2 replies
Ruurtjan Pul
Ruurtjan Pul
Author
Mar 18, 2022

Great to hear! It's fine to have side projects because you enjoy working on them, but I find it much more exciting to try to grow them into something bigger :)

Mohit Yadav
Mohit Yadav
Mar 19, 2022

Yeah, it truly would be 馃槂