Ayoush Chourasia
Ayoush Chourasia
Mar 15, 2022

Great read. Thanks for sharing.

·
Adnan Ebrahimi
Adnan Ebrahimi
Mar 15, 2022

I read Deep work and atomic habbit, they are fantastic.

·
Marco Gancitano
Marco Gancitano
Mar 14, 2022

Hey Shawn,

Thanks for the awesome list of books, I already added a few to my reading list!

I'm curious if you have any book recommendations for fighting unconscious bias? I feel as people move towards data-driven decision making, we can still fall victim to things like confirmation bias when making "objective" decisions.

·
·2 replies
Shawn Axsom
Shawn Axsom
Author
·Mar 15, 2022

Hey Marco, how about Daniel Kahneman's "Thinking, Fast and Slow"?

And I read Thomas Gilovich's "How We Know What Isn't So" in college.

Also consider Thinking in Bets, Noise: A Flaw in Human Judgment, and Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions.

·
Marco Gancitano
Marco Gancitano
Mar 15, 2022

I love Thinking, Fast and Slow and actually just got Predictably Irrational the other day!

Adding the other two to my reading list as well. Thanks again for all the great recommendations!

·
Swati Sarangi
Swati Sarangi
Mar 15, 2022

Bookmarked! Thanks for sharing the resources. This is a gem of an article! Congratulations on being featured!

·
·2 replies
Shawn Axsom
Shawn Axsom
Author
·Mar 15, 2022

Thank you, and I'm glad it's useful!

·
Shawn Axsom
Shawn Axsom
Author
·Mar 15, 2022

Thanks for sharing that I've been featured, I didn't realize 😅

I'm glad it is useful!

·
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero
Mar 15, 2022

Hi Shawn Axsom thanks for sharing this massive list.

I was very intrigued by the term "super-cooperators". I used to be a grad student, researching creativity, for what is worth. And I remember spending a lot of time thinking about group-wise creativity!

May I suggest an additional resource? It's a book. Teresa Amabile's The Social Psychology of Creativity.

It is more on the academic side. But it's a beautiful book. Sadly a little hard to find. But I really like it because it re-frames creativity as a social-psychological process. And Amabile is one of the pioneers of the so-called "sociocultural" approach to creativity.

I really like it, and I think fits nicely with your overall message!

·