Katy A

154 likes

·

2.1K reads

18 comments

Yosra Emad
Yosra Emad
Dec 23, 2021

so proud of you Katy! I am an electrical engineering minor and I loved seeing some things that I'm studying here 😂

·
·3 replies
Katy A
Katy A
Author
·Dec 23, 2021

Thank you Yosra! Now I'm looking back I'm proud of myself too! ☺️ Oh cool what stuff are you studying?

·
Yosra Emad
Yosra Emad
Dec 24, 2021

Katy A Fourier analysis 😭 I also built a robot like you did for school and a smart house but I used an arduino not matlab. I use matlab for studying signals and stuff (i actually have a matlab project due next week 😭)

Anyway, honestly reading your journey is very inspiring 💕

·
Katy A
Katy A
Author
·Dec 24, 2021

Yosra Emad that's so cool! I'm glad you're inspired - you are definitely going to do great things too and I hope I can be proof of that!

·
James Lieu
James Lieu
Dec 23, 2021

Great story Katy!

I like how you've basically kept applying for roles and getting interviews. Bringing a lot of your core skills into your interviews i.e. communication, being able to comfortably handle whiteboard problems, presenting and I suspect being able to interview well in general.

Sounds like you've had your challenges but overcame those with the right attitude and determination.

Thanks for sharing!

·
·1 reply
Katy A
Katy A
Author
·Dec 23, 2021

Thanks James! I will say I definitely was not great at those things although I did get quite a lot of presentation experience at uni, although I always hated it. However now I'd say I'm comfortable presenting, working full time I've had countless opportunities and now I'd feel a lot less worried, at the time it was always a huge deal for me. I did persevere though in probably a naive way, and did eventually get my first role which is obviously the most important thing to get your foot in the door.

·
Nouran Hisham
Nouran Hisham
Dec 24, 2021

this is honestly so inspiring, thank you for sharing it 💕🥺

·
Eleftheria Batsou
Eleftheria Batsou
Dec 24, 2021

This is so inspiring! Bravo girl!!

·
Bala Priya C
Bala Priya C
Dec 24, 2021

Thanks for sharing your journey. I was a EE major in undergrad, and I'm currently specializing in signal processing (in my Master's). And I could best resonate with Fourier analysis. Look forward to reading your subsequent posts on how the last 4 years have been.

·
·1 reply
Katy A
Katy A
Author
·Dec 25, 2021

Thanks for reading!

·
Victor Eke
Victor Eke
Dec 24, 2021

Awesome story Katy. Being a physics graduate is no easy feat. 💯💯

·
·1 reply
Katy A
Katy A
Author
·Dec 25, 2021

Thanks eke ☺️

·
Cess
Cess
Dec 26, 2021

Thanks for sharing. I also studied physics Electronics at school trying to switch careers at the moment. Pray it works out well for me

·
·1 reply
Katy A
Katy A
Author
·Jan 18, 2022

Good luck!

·
Gabor Pfalzer
Gabor Pfalzer
Dec 29, 2021

Awesome article, I really enjoy looking at people from different backgrounds approaching tech from different directions. Thank you for sharing :)

·
Andrew Baisden
Andrew Baisden
Dec 29, 2021

Great story thanks for sharing. These type of stories are so inspiring Katy A.

·
Dan Cleaver
Dan Cleaver
Jan 16, 2022

I bet that interviewer is out there somewhere cursing C# for spoiling him as he fights with Python to get a simple temperature plot on a webpage working 🤔

·
Oscar
Oscar
Dec 8, 2022

very good article

·