Lyn Kim (she/her)

251 likes

Β·

4.6K reads

66 comments

Marisa Brantley
Marisa Brantley
Nov 9, 2021

This is fantastic. Thank you for sharing your story!

I can relate to discovering what you thought would be your dream career/area of work not being what you'd anticipated. Really disillusioning. As my friend would say, "Scene change!" Time for something new. 😁

Great things await you, Lyn! πŸ‘πŸ»

Β·
Β·1 reply
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

Thank you for your amazing support, Marisa! Scene change was much needed and I'm really glad I finally took the leap. Super grateful to have met you and so many others who have been extremely welcoming and kind during my transition!πŸ’›

Β·
Palak Sharma
Palak Sharma
Nov 10, 2021

Hey, Lyn! I can connect with you. It would be great if you would also check my articles. This would support me.

Welcome to hashnode. Let's grow together.

Β·
Β·3 replies
Palak Sharma
Palak Sharma
Nov 10, 2021
Β·
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 11, 2021

Hi Palak! Thank you so much for reading my story! Heading over to support your articles now!πŸ‘πŸ»

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

hello am Miss Cheryi, Nice to meet you I find you very interesting You i will love to know you more please, contact me at My private mailbox ( ) let discuss more i have something very important to share with you, and also send you my picture am waiting for your mail please write me in my email box let discuss more important reason why I contacted you

Β·
Syed Fazle Rahman
Syed Fazle Rahman
Nov 9, 2021

Great write-up, Lyn Kim

Β·
Β·4 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

Thank you for stopping by, Syed!πŸ™Œ

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

hello am Miss Cheryi, Nice to meet you I find you very interesting You i will love to know you more please, contact me at My private mailbox ( ) let discuss more i have something very important to share with you, and also send you my picture am waiting for your mail please write me in my email box let discuss more important reason why I contacted you

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
TrαΊ§n Đăng Anh
TrαΊ§n Đăng Anh
Nov 12, 2021

Cheryi Bryant Thanks, but no. I don't think Hashnode is for spamming. No.

Β·
Timo Heman
Timo Heman
Nov 9, 2021

It's funny how some life threatening situations suddenly change our perspective in life. I've been there.

But it's really great to find the new perspective, new purpose, new passion. It's like life is actually worth it right?

Well I'm glad it happened for you Lyn. Can't wait to see what lies ahead for you😊

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

It's unfortunate that the realization often happens after we encounter difficult times but I'm still really grateful that it allowed me the opportunity to ponder what I really want my future to look like.

Thank you for stopping by, Timo!

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
Sumudu Siriwardana
Sumudu Siriwardana
Nov 9, 2021

Really enjoyed reading your story, Lyn! And I love the way that you write! All the best for your coding journey and looking forward to reading more articles from you! ☺️

Β·
Β·1 reply
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

Thank you so much, Sumudu! I truly appreciate your endless support and positivity behind everyone's journey. So glad to have gotten the chance to connect with you!!πŸ’›

Β·
Ayodele Samuel Adebayo
Ayodele Samuel Adebayo
Nov 9, 2021

This is inspiring, I love your courage to become a beginner at something new entirely and you write so well too πŸ˜ƒ.

I will definitely send a connection on LinkedIn.

I wish you a smooth ride with JavaScript πŸ™Œ

Β·
Β·1 reply
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

Thank you for reading my story, Ayodele! JavaScript has not been easyπŸ˜† but consistent studying has played a critical role in improving my understanding of it over time. Glad to be connected with you!

Β·
Akebu
Akebu
Nov 9, 2021

Well written, your story if very inspiring and I am glad you decided to do something that made you happy and put your health first Lyn

Β·
Β·1 reply
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

Thank you for stopping by, Akebu! Life is short and we want to live it in the best way possible so why not be passionate advocates for our health!😎

Β·
Joel Pickin
Joel Pickin
Nov 9, 2021

Absolutely wonderful Lyn.

Thank you for sharing that was a lovely read to start off my morning.

Your positivity is contagious.

Β·
Β·1 reply
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

Joel! Thank you for stopping by and reading my story. I'm really glad to have connected with you and appreciate the support. Your self-taught to senior journey is inspiring for many of us as well!πŸ‘Š

Β·
Andreea Egli - Hehl
Andreea Egli - Hehl
Nov 9, 2021

I absolutely love your story! ❀️

Β·
Β·1 reply
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

Thank you for reading my story Andreea!😊

Β·
Nisarg Kapkar
Nisarg Kapkar
Nov 9, 2021

Enjoyed reading your story! All the best for your journey ✨

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

Thank you for stopping by, Nisarg! I'm strapped in for the long ride!πŸš€

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
 Olaoluwa Ajibade
 Olaoluwa Ajibade
Nov 9, 2021

A great story we hoping to see more of you hereπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

Thank you and I appreciate the kind words Olaa!πŸ™Œ

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
Andrew Baisden
Andrew Baisden
Nov 9, 2021

Cool story Lyn Kim πŸ™Œ

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

Thank you for stopping by, Andrew!😎

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
Farzad Sunavala
Farzad Sunavala
Nov 9, 2021

This is awesome! I pivoted from a petroleum engineering background! Best decision ever! Looking forward to your blogs! (and Yani's dog pics)

Β·
Β·1 reply
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

Thank you, Farzad! Mad kudos to you for also embarking on the career-change journey!πŸ‘ It's always encouraging to meet others who have successfully transitioned into a career in tech.

Also, yes you will definitely see some Yani content in the futureπŸ˜†

Β·
Sam Sycamore
Sam Sycamore
Nov 9, 2021

I'm glad you're here, Lyn Kim! Being a part of a community makes all the difference when learning to code. I made the jump to the tech industry over the last year and it has turned out to be everything I hoped it would be! Best of luck to you. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 9, 2021

Hi Sam! Thank you for stopping by to read my story! I'm hoping for the best that my experience switching to tech will be as amazing as yoursπŸ‘ I appreciate the support and your words of encouragement.

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
Sandeep Panda Test
Sandeep Panda Test
Nov 10, 2021

Hey, Super interesting story! Welcome to Hashnode. :)

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 11, 2021

Thank you so much for reading my story, Sandeep! I appreciate you! What an amazing community we have here.

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
Γ–zer Tayiz
Γ–zer Tayiz
Nov 10, 2021

This is an amazing story, thanks for sharing.

I'm officially a Civil Engineer, and I've just started to learn about blockchain development to pivot into this area as well.

Best of luck to you in your new career path! <3

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 11, 2021

Thank you for reading, Ozer and also Hello, fellow aec-turned-developer! Blockchain development is a fantastic path and I commend you on taking the leap! I wish you the best on your career-change journey as well - you GOT this!

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
Romy Furtado
Romy Furtado
Nov 10, 2021

Thanks for sharing your story with us Lyn. Looking forward to read more from you! :D

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 11, 2021

Thank you for stopping by, Romy! More stories coming soon!😎

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
Victor Eke
Victor Eke
Nov 10, 2021

Amazing how you preserved through the challenges you faced in your health. I'm glad you're better now. Hoping to see your creative ideas in this tech space. πŸ₯³

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 11, 2021

Thank you for your kind words, Eke! I can't wait to find my place as a developer in tech soon😊

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
Yann
Yann
Nov 10, 2021

It's sooo nice to hear your drive for creativity has been restored thanks to coding! I wish you a fantastic journey in the tech world.

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 11, 2021

It's a wonderful feeling that I really did not expect to encounter. Thank you for your support!πŸ™Œ

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
Rahul Banerjee
Rahul Banerjee
Nov 11, 2021

Really enjoyed reading your story! All the Best on your journey!

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 11, 2021

Thank you so much for reading my story, Rahul!😊

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
Vipul kunwar
Vipul kunwar
Nov 11, 2021

It's a great flow in blog. Long paragraph but Lyn make it curious.

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 11, 2021

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate it!πŸ™

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
Eleftheria Batsou
Eleftheria Batsou
Nov 11, 2021

That was a lovely readLyn Kim. Somehow, even if I don't know you, I'm happy for you. Many of the things you mentioned resonated with me. πŸ€—

Β·
Β·2 replies
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Lyn Kim (she/her)
Author
Β·Nov 11, 2021

Thank you so so much, Eleftheria! I'm really happy to know that so many members of the community found my story relatableπŸ’›

Β·
Cheryi Bryant
Cheryi Bryant
Nov 11, 2021

Β·
Palash Mondal
Palash Mondal
Nov 12, 2021

That's awesome, Lyn. Thank you for sharing your story!

Keep learning and keep growing!

Β·
Abdulrahman Mohammed
Abdulrahman Mohammed
Nov 15, 2021

This is amazing. I'm on a similar journey from Architecture and Construction management to DevOps and I'm happy and feel validated when I read stories like yours. Wishing you the best

Β·
Madhavi Swamy
Madhavi Swamy
Nov 20, 2021

Hey Lyn, I absolutely LOVED reading it, felt familiar, and heard.

I have also changed careers from a Mechanical engineer to now learning and freelancing into Tech. And looks like we have various things in common as well;)).

DMing you on twitter right away. Do checkπŸ’ͺ

Β·
Njong Emy
Njong Emy
Jan 7, 2022

It's not very easy to make such a shift. Really inspiring story, Lyn. Live your best life, and following instincts is one thing we get to learn every day. I hope you skyrocket to major heights as you continue in this light. I'm already rooting for you.

Β·