Vojko Pribudić

80 likes

·

1.3K reads

4 comments

Razvan
Razvan
Nov 8, 2021

Hi, thanks for the article. I'm new to GO and I was looking into Fiber vs Mux for apis, do you think that Mux is a better choice than Fiber? I was looking into Fiber just because it's similar to ExpressJs. Thanks.

·
·1 reply
Vojko Pribudić
Vojko Pribudić
Author
·Nov 8, 2021

Hi Razvan, thanks for you interest in my article :) As with all languages and frameworks it all depends on the development speed (learning curve) and your personal needs. Go offers a wide range of frameworks/libs like Mux, Fiber, Gin and Echo. The best way I can reply to you is to take a look at the numbers here:

go.libhunt.com/compare-fiber-vs-mux

I also suggest that you take a look at all the other libs I mentioned here (for example if performance speed is a key component for your needs - take a look at Echo -> echo.labstack.com/cookbook/crud) and find the one that suits you best for your needs :)

·
Azar
Azar
Nov 11, 2021

Can the Gorilla API be extended for the protobufs as well for HTTP/2 or HTTP/3 QUIC protocols?

·
·1 reply
Vojko Pribudić
Vojko Pribudić
Author
·Nov 11, 2021

Hi Azar, thanks for your comment. While mux does support protobuf to some level (medium.com/swlh/supercharge-your-rest-apis…), HTTP/2|3 is questionable and I did not test this out so far.

·