James 'Dante' Midzi

89 likes

·

3.6K reads

16 comments

Eduardo Vedes
Eduardo Vedes
Sep 23, 2021

Great article James! I've tired Obsidian too and it's amazing. I love the graph which allows me to visually see how my backlinking relates. The biggest downside is the lack of a mobile app. I love to read and think in bed before I get to sleep, and being able to open my iPad and read my notes is a huge requirement for me.

·
·3 replies
Andrew Baisden
Andrew Baisden
Sep 23, 2021

Obsidian has mobile apps for iOS and Android now. Not sure if it works on iPad though.

·
Eduardo Vedes
Eduardo Vedes
Sep 23, 2021

Great to know Andrew Baisden! Thanks, gonna try it soon!

·
James 'Dante' Midzi
James 'Dante' Midzi
Author
·Sep 24, 2021

Thank you Eduardo Vedes, and the mobile app is now available

·
Alin Pisica
Alin Pisica
Sep 23, 2021

To be honest, in the last period, I also feel like Notion is a bit too much. It seemed cool in the first place, but since I am using it alone, and not in a team, I feel like over time things may get complex and tricky. We'll give a shot to Obsidian too right away.

·
·3 replies
Andrew Baisden
Andrew Baisden
Sep 23, 2021

Notion is a powerhouse but requires documentation to use it 😅

·
James 'Dante' Midzi
James 'Dante' Midzi
Author
·Sep 24, 2021

That makes sense Alin Pisica - works better in teams I felt that way as well - the complexity became too much.

I'm glad you are going to give Obsidian a go.

·
James 'Dante' Midzi
James 'Dante' Midzi
Author
·Sep 24, 2021

Andrew Baisden That's hilarious 😂

·
Andrew Baisden
Andrew Baisden
Sep 23, 2021

Cool write up I am using Notion alongside Obsidian. I prefer it for note taking because the experience feels much better than doing it in Notion.

·
·1 reply
James 'Dante' Midzi
James 'Dante' Midzi
Author
·Sep 24, 2021

Oh? That's cool! Glad you have found a way of integrating both

·
Yosra Emad
Yosra Emad
Sep 23, 2021

Great article! I tried obsidian about a year ago and I really like it too. they didn't have a mobile application though and that was something important to me because i like to add quick notes through the day from my phone :3 that's why i stuck with notion. I do agree though notion has a lot of features and I don't use all of them

·
·1 reply
James 'Dante' Midzi
James 'Dante' Midzi
Author
·Sep 24, 2021

Thank you!

I get that. I was lucky I found about it when the mobile app was now available. The mobile app streamlines my creation process.

·
Maxi Contieri⭐⭐⭐
Maxi Contieri⭐⭐⭐
Sep 24, 2021

Obsidian is amazing

Thanks for the article and thanks for pointing out what you don¡t do on obsidian

·
·1 reply
James 'Dante' Midzi
James 'Dante' Midzi
Author
·Sep 24, 2021

Thank you for reading. I thought it necessary to mention that to properly illustrate what goes on in my setup

·
Pavittar Singh
Pavittar Singh
Sep 24, 2021

Obsidian is cool, just was looking for something similar. Just curious about what are you using for todos. :D

·
·1 reply
James 'Dante' Midzi
James 'Dante' Midzi
Author
·Sep 24, 2021

It really is. Oh, I really should have shared that (article idea 😉). There's an app called Taskito on android. It gives me a better view of my tasks and subtasks.

Also, thank you for reading

·