Syed Fazle Rahman
Syed Fazle Rahman
Mar 31, 2021

This is great work, Jemima Abu. 馃檶

Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Mar 31, 2021

After playing around with your portfolio yesterday, I was really thrilled by how everything worked.

The color themes were great, especially the neon theme, that's my favourite.

I'm glad you wrote this article explaining you process of achieving the portfolio, now I know why you choose not to use a library/framework.

1 reply
Jemima Abu
Jemima Abu
Author
Mar 31, 2021

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you enjoyed the article 馃槉

Kieran Roberts jkbasjkbfbjaksbfjbjasbfjbdsjkfb
Kieran Roberts jkbasjkbfbjaksbfjbjasbfjbdsjkfb

Very insightful article and the portfolio looks great! Well done Jemima Abu

1 reply
Jemima Abu
Jemima Abu
Author
Mar 31, 2021

Thank you馃槉

Gemma Rakia
Gemma Rakia
Mar 31, 2021

Your portfolio looks wonderful! Thank you for sharing, I am yet to complete my portfolio this helps a lot.

1 reply
Jemima Abu
Jemima Abu
Author
Mar 31, 2021

Thanks 馃槉 I'm glad it helps

Andrew Baisden
Andrew Baisden
Mar 31, 2021

Congrats on getting all those green 100's! 馃憦

Stefan Stax
Stefan Stax
Mar 31, 2021

Really good work! I鈥檓 personally working in React for the time being therefor cutting on some libraries and files is not really recommended but React as a default makes sure to load only necessary files. Amazing scores! Congratz! Really brave to try this out in Vanilla Js due to crazy amount of libraries today to make work faster.

1 reply
Jemima Abu
Jemima Abu
Author
Apr 1, 2021

Thanks 馃槉 good point about React

Lauren Lucero
Lauren Lucero
Mar 31, 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience! I've been procrastinating on my portfolio for months now going down wormholes of frameworks and different designs. This was informative and inspiring for me to focus on building an accessible site with the basics!

1 reply
Jemima Abu
Jemima Abu
Author
Apr 1, 2021

Thanks so much, I'm glad you found it helpful. Best of luck with building your site 馃榿

Sy Hung Doan
Sy Hung Doan
Apr 1, 2021

Great portfolio website! I am so in love with the design, especially the colors :D I am so thrilled when i scrolled down, the icons bounced so nicely

1 reply
Jemima Abu
Jemima Abu
Author
Apr 1, 2021

馃槉 thanks, the icons are also one of my favorite parts

Anshika Bhatnagar
Anshika Bhatnagar
Apr 1, 2021

I've also developed one for myself but yes, your looks better and classy.馃榿

1 reply
Jemima Abu
Jemima Abu
Author
Apr 1, 2021

馃槄 Thank you

Efrain Bautista
Efrain Bautista
Mar 31, 2021

Great job! Thanks for sharing! Quick question, is this not apply for PageSpeed Insights?

developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insi…

developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insi…

1 reply
Jemima Abu
Jemima Abu
Author
Mar 31, 2021

Pagespeed and Lighthouse process scores differently.

Since I have a lot of third party code, like analytics and YouTube embeds on the landing page, Pagespeed takes the load time for those elements into consideration as well. Lighthouse focuses more on a well-rounded audit based on different paramaters.

You can read up more in this article: pagespeedplus.com/blog/pagespeed-insights-…

Masih
Masih
Mar 31, 2021

Great job Jemima, but that being said you shouldn't only trust in the lighthouse! Actually, I find several issues on your website! For example the "iframe loading" is not supported by the Firefox and Safari prove: caniuse.com/?search=iframe loading The "meta theme color" almost only support on Chrome (so your multiple color themes is useless at this point!) prove : caniuse.com/?search=theme-color

Scripts are not minified!

1 reply
Jemima Abu
Jemima Abu
Author
Mar 31, 2021

Thanks for the feedback Masih :)

The meta theme color only changes the color for the meta theme but it doesn't affect the rest of the page. Lazy loading of the iframes is just an added benefit for browsers that support it.

Hope that clears things up.