205 likes

·

966 reads

14 comments

Aditya Mitra
Aditya Mitra
Author
·Mar 1, 2021

In case you are wondering how to use Featherify during the build time, please checkout this github code. I have done this using NextJS using some of my Amazon S3 urls.

You could use it with any framework. Basically, you would need to:

1. Send the images to the API.
  2. Wait for and handle the response from the API.
  3. Put them the response code for the each image. They will always be in the same order as sent in the request array.
·
·1 reply
Pritam Kumar
Pritam Kumar
Mar 1, 2021

Awesome Code Demonstration Aditya Mitra.

The Base64 method could also be used in any device during compilation.

Awesome Job!

·
Martin Smith
Martin Smith
Mar 2, 2021

Believe me - one of the nicest I have seen.

You should spread this on social media so that others can also use this.

Gamer Dev You are right. I too think even Hashnode should implement this. I am browsing this on a mobile device so the GIF on the top of blog took some time to load. They should have an indication like what Aditya Mitra demonstrated.

I will share this with my colleagues. Great job!

Once again! Well done.

·
·1 reply
Aditya Mitra
Aditya Mitra
Author
·Mar 2, 2021

Thanks Sir, I really appreciate that. 🤩

·
casiimir
casiimir
Mar 2, 2021

Cool Idea!!! Congratulation Aditya !! 👏👏

·
·1 reply
Aditya Mitra
Aditya Mitra
Author
·Mar 2, 2021

Thanks a lot!

·
Gamer Dev
Gamer Dev
Mar 2, 2021

M@@@@G!!!!!!!!!!!!!C

Although I am not much of a Frontend Guy, I have to admit that this one is OUT OF THE BOX.

I will surely share this with my fellow web devs.

I wish even Hashnode implements this. I too sometimes skip images while reading the blog posts.

·
Arpit Patra
Arpit Patra
Mar 1, 2021

Just how did you do that! 🤯

I tried the webapp. The substituted image was so close to the original! How did it resemble so close to the original. That too in a css code.

I am learning NextJS and this one feature that I will surely use!

·
Swarnava Das
Swarnava Das
Mar 2, 2021

Great Choice! I never thought it could be done with Pillow itself. I would have straight gone for OpenCV for handling images 😝.

Can you please tell me how you deployed Django in AWS Lamda? I had tried it once but could not complete it.

·
·3 replies
Aditya Mitra
Aditya Mitra
Author
·Mar 2, 2021

Yeah, even my friend suggested to use OpenCV but the problem was downloading OpenCV was time-taking and huge. And since, I was using Amplify Functions which are server less, I did not think it would be nice for the function to cold start after a long time. I wanted the API to be robust so that anyone could use it.

·
Aditya Mitra
Aditya Mitra
Author
·Mar 2, 2021

Can you please tell me how you deployed Django in AWS Lamda? I had tried it once but could not complete it.

Thanks for asking that question!

I used Zappa for deploying Django into AWS Lamda.

api-flow.png

(First, I thought I would rewrite the code in AWS Amplify as function itself. But doing so took time, I had to change those functions everytime I made changes in my Django project, and also it made the overall code structure look bad. But, AWS Amplify uses AWS Lamda as its functions, I thought why not deploy to AWS Lamda directly)

I referred to this video for setting up an automated deployment.

·
Swarnava Das
Swarnava Das
Mar 2, 2021

Aditya Mitra Thank you!

I guess this will do it!

·
Mohith Gupta Korangi
Mohith Gupta Korangi
Mar 4, 2021

Great Job...and Congrats on winning the Hackathon. Would you mind letting me know the resources that you learned from? (like getting started with AWS, Nextjs, backend) Would really appreciate it if you do that....

·
·1 reply
Aditya Mitra
Aditya Mitra
Author
·Mar 5, 2021

Thank you a lot!

For NextJS:

For Django and Django Rest Framework

AWS

• To be honest, I did not refer to a particular tutorial. I just searched for terms related to "AWS Amplify" and "AWS Lamda" and went to the through Blog Posts and YouTube Videos of the results.
·
Aditya Mitra
Aditya Mitra
Author
·Mar 1, 2021

Please checkout the documenation blog post if you want to generate feathers (image substitutes) using the API itself.

The API is hosted here https://dtam87cvk4.execute-api.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/production/api/manipulate

·