Chris Bongers

81 likes

·

2.5K reads

10 comments

Alyssa Holland
Alyssa Holland
Sep 28, 2020

Great list! I use quite a few of these apps myself but there are some I’ve never tried. RunJS and iAWriter seem intriguing 🧐 so I’ll have to check those out.

Thanks for sharing!

·
·3 replies
Chris Bongers
Chris Bongers
Author
·Sep 28, 2020

Your welcome Alyssa, iAWriter for me is the best markdown editor by far. RunJS is just an easy playground for quick scripts :D

·
Sabarish Rajamohan
Sabarish Rajamohan
Sep 28, 2020

Yeah, iAWriter seems cool. I just started using Notion sometime back, and it has been nothing but great. Found a few new apps - Spark, RunJS. Thanks Chris! 😁🎉

·
Chris Bongers
Chris Bongers
Author
·Sep 28, 2020

Sabarish Rajamohan Awesome. glad you found some useful new ones. 🤟

·
Markos Mk
Markos Mk
Sep 28, 2020

I have almost all of them too, except for iAWriter I use the Mweb app for markdown, the RunJS app didn't know about it, thanks for sharing.

·
·1 reply
Chris Bongers
Chris Bongers
Author
·Sep 28, 2020

Ah, nice, Think iAWriter might be just a preference thing, since Notion also has a Markdown editor, but just love how iA works for me. 🔥

·
Chi Tran
Chi Tran
Sep 29, 2020

Cool! I have almost all of these apps except iAWriter and RunJS. I'll try those out. Thanks for sharing!

And do you have any app for to-do jobs?

·
·1 reply
Chris Bongers
Chris Bongers
Author
·Sep 29, 2020

Hi Chi,

Awesome, give them a try. As for To-do jobs I had many over the years; Wunderlist, Todoist, Todo etc

But they end up not working for me.

Nowadays: Very important - Make a calendar booking with time for it. Important - Write down in Notion with date Other - Just keep a little list of Notion

If your keen on actual apps, Todoist was one of my favorite ones.

·
Júlio César Ködel
Júlio César Ködel
Oct 1, 2020

Pastebot (every thing you put on clipboard will be available to paste anytime - pressing Cmd+Shift+V will show a menu with all previous copied stuff).

Karabiner-Elements to fix the dreadful Mac keyboard layout (after 30 years typing in IBM keyboards, it's kinda frustrating to have to use 3 control keys instead of 2)

Sensible Side Buttons - it will allow back and forward mouse buttons to work, then you can use a grown man mouse with more than 1 button

Magnet - bring Windows Aero Snap for mac. For an OS that doesn't even have maximize button, it's an awesome tool to organize windows (for example, you have an iOS simulator on the left and want Chrome to fill the screen at right? Just move Chrome window to the right corner and it will snap to occupy half screen to the right).

RIghtZoom - Turns the green window button into maximize instead of useless full screen

AltTab - Brings a decent task switcher to MacOS, showing windows instead of applications (there is a LOT of applications that have more than one window and the default task switcher is useless nowadays)

Moped - A simple text editor (it's meant to replace Windows notepad - sometimes you just need an text editor to save something, without the fuzz to save, dialogs, etc... - Moped is simple as it can get)

Franz - It consumes a LOT of RAM, but you can have thousands of services in one place (GMail, WhatsApp, Slack, etc.), with notifications.

OhMyZSH - Really, that's one piece of sofware I really really really miss on Windows. So useful ZSH tools and feedback.

·
·1 reply
Chris Bongers
Chris Bongers
Author
·Oct 1, 2020

Wow nice list man!

·