Bhanu Teja Pachipulusu

74 likes

·

1.6K reads

3 comments

Skay
Skay
Aug 29, 2020

Another great post! The only reason why I may not consider this is for branding purposes. For e.g. I have my website as skay.dev and in all my links the word 'skay' is reinforced as my brand name and wouldn't want that to be taken away by shortening it. Just an opinion! However, shortening is useful for sharing content over social (especially twitter with limited characters) and in other places where it makes sense.

Keep sharing these awesome articles Bhanu!

·
·2 replies
Bhanu Teja Pachipulusu
Bhanu Teja Pachipulusu
Author
·Aug 29, 2020

Thanks!

You made a very valid point. In my case, my website is bhanuteja.dev . I wouldn't be able to use the same for shortening the links, since it defeats the whole purpose of having short URLs. So, in my case I bought the domain pbt.im which is just short form of my name(P Bhanu Teja). So, now the brand is split between pbt.im and bhanuteja.dev, which is a necessary sacrifice for me.

But since skay.dev is already short, you could use the same domain for shortening URLs. You could add a _redirects file to your website source and then add a fallback as skay.dev. The only caveat is you have to deploy your site to netlify if you want to use netlify-shortener.

·
Skay
Skay
Aug 29, 2020

Bhanu Teja Pachipulusu cool.. thanks for sharing!

·