Sign in
Liyas Thomas

84 likes

734 reads

16 comments

Robert Terrell
Robert Terrell
Nov 5, 2019

Your way of telling everything in this piece of writing is really nice, all be able to effortlessly understand it, Thanks a lot.

1 reply
Liyas Thomas
Liyas Thomas
Author
Nov 5, 2019

Thank you 馃檶馃徏

Pankaj Patel
Pankaj Patel
Nov 7, 2019

Awesome product and Kudos for the effort.

I tried building something similar https://codepen.io/pankajpatel/pen/WXbBWg But for a different concept

Would definitely wanna contribute to your project

1 reply
Liyas Thomas
Liyas Thomas
Author
Nov 7, 2019

Wow! Thats great! It's awesome to know great minds think alike 馃槄馃檶馃徏 Expecting your contributions to make your unfulfilled dream project to come true: github.com/liyasthomas/postwoman

Caleb H.
Caleb H.
Nov 5, 2019

I looked at Postwoman a month or so ago, and my honest assessment was "this looks terrible".

So when I saw this and you said it was getting popular, I thought I'd look at it again.

And I looked at the UI. It's like a completely new product. Sure, it doesn't have all the features of Postman (such as documentation generating and their new visualization tool), but it is pretty good.

I'd like to commend you on your product-making abilities, though I probably won't be switching over from Postman at this point.

1 reply
Liyas Thomas
Liyas Thomas
Author
Nov 5, 2019

Thanks for the suggestions! We're working together to make this better every day. New features are implemented every week! Send your suggestions/feature requests on GitHub issues so that community could look up to it and implement the same.

Tej Pratap Singh
Tej Pratap Singh
Nov 5, 2019

I have been following a similar project from a long time, it is Hitchhiker. It looks dead now. Anyway your version looks really well, if it had some sort of sync function i would be on it.

1 reply
Liyas Thomas
Liyas Thomas
Author
Nov 5, 2019

Currently we sync collection, history, and current state of the app with localStorage. Sync with GitHub or Google account is out next top priority. We would love to have a helping hand from fellow devs :smile:

Emil Moe
Emil Moe
Nov 5, 2019

How does it work along localhost projects?

7 replies
Liyas Thomas
Liyas Thomas
Author
Nov 5, 2019

Yes, for localhost and non-https endpoints, turn on Proxy mode from settings.

Emil Moe
Emil Moe
Nov 5, 2019

Liyas Thomas how come proxy enables this? Maybe the function could be renamed or there could be me something called enable local?

Liyas Thomas
Liyas Thomas
Author
Nov 5, 2019

Emil Moe ohh sorry, i got confused with your comment. To access local APIs there's no need of proxy, just mention localhost IP and port number along with path.

Emil Moe
Emil Moe
Nov 5, 2019

Liyas Thomas

I don't know if it's because my web application is served from Docker on my local machine, although it works with Postman, but I get a network error when I try to execute a GET at localhost?

646dc790af19e6fe4b3c.js:1 Error: Network Error
    at t.exports (e70ddc808921fc787eeb.js:2)
    at XMLHttpRequest.m.onerror (e70ddc808921fc787eeb.js:2)
(anonymous) @ 646dc790af19e6fe4b3c.js:1
localhost:3000/localhost/:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Maybe it's a security issue with Chrome?

Liyas Thomas
Liyas Thomas
Author
Nov 5, 2019

Emil Moe i think it's a pre-flight use case for non-https endpoints on Chrome to send/receive requests from non-secured source. Try hosting your endpoints locally rather than Docker.

Emil Moe
Emil Moe
Nov 5, 2019

Liyas Thomas Unfortunately that's not possible :(

Liyas Thomas
Liyas Thomas
Author
Nov 5, 2019

Emil Moe raise an issue ticket on GitHub and we'll further investigate on what we could do to solve your issues