Ayush Shekhar
Author
·Jun 25, 2019

Fixed it. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Mike Schinkel
Mike Schinkel
Jun 25, 2019

When I type flutter devices I get No devices detected.

I have Intellij IDEA Ultimate install but not VC Code.

Is there something more that needs to be done that you maybe overlooked because your system already had it?

·
·3 replies
Ayush Shekhar
Ayush Shekhar
Author
·Jun 28, 2019

If you switched to the master channel and set the environment variable as described in the article. You should have your OS in the output of flutter devices.

·
Mike Schinkel
Mike Schinkel
Jun 28, 2019

Thanks for your reply.

When I type flutter channel master I get what appears to be a git pull from github.com/flutter/flutter and then these are the last lines in the output:

git: Please commit your changes or stash them before you switch branches. git: Aborting Switching channels failed with error code 1.

Is there some directory that we must be in that your article does not mention? I am new to Flutter so I don't know anything about its directory layout or any other aspects of Flutter, but I am very interested in something to build cross-platform desktop apps besides Electron.

·
Mike Schinkel
Mike Schinkel
Jul 23, 2019

No love?

·
Guido Van Hoecke
Guido Van Hoecke
Jun 30, 2019

Ayush

Thanks for your article.

I'm following along on Windows and neither flutter doctor nor flutter run detect the installed Visual Studio.

I read that they only look at the default location, which is bound to fail in this case, as I am running the 2017 community edition, which by default is stored at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\

I failed to find a guideline about how to tell flutter where to look.

Do you have any suggestion about how to proceed?

·