46 likes

·

712 reads

6 comments

Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Deactivated User
Feb 8, 2019

I don't like this from a more political view. Google gaining more and more control of people their sites. I won't even try to defend this position myself, there are already a ton of people who did:

About the performance. 4x the page load speed seems like a welcome improvement. But you only notice this when you are on mobile googling the site and then clicking it and reading it, then go on. If you then want to like a post, you will have to go to the main site. If you want to engage in anyway, you will go to the main site. So when you go to the main site, you spend (1/8+1) times the data and the total loading is (1+1/4) of which it was originally.

I feel like Hashnode is a place where people go on the site and read a couple of stories. Not a site that pops up in google and people quickly find an answer to a problem and go on.

Therefore, I am not to excited about this change. However, I really like that there is active development of new features and hope the best.

·
·1 reply
Sandeep Panda Test
Sandeep Panda Test
Author
·Feb 8, 2019

Thanks for the comment Tristan!

I understand where you are coming from and agree with the political angle. But at this point we are simply focused on growth and more visibility towards Hashnode. This is just an experiment by us and if it doesn't work well we may remove it in future.

Most of the people visiting Hashnode on mobile phones are anonymous users (logged out people). To interact with posts, they anyway have to sign up first. So, in this case going AMP actually delivers content faster to them and saves some bandwidth. If there is interest from the readers, they just need to click sign up and go to the full site. Google has started suggesting Hashnode's AMP version on mobile phones and we are still monitoring its impact.

·
Gijo Varghese
Gijo Varghese
Feb 8, 2019

Congrats!

·
James B
James B
Feb 26, 2019

Congrats! Good to to know about the AMP support. When opening a Hashnode link from Twitter, I also see AMP pages. Good work.

·
Ahmed Sadman Muhib
Ahmed Sadman Muhib
Jul 20, 2021

Sandeep Panda I am having a new AMP issue. The error is: Custom JavaScript is not allowed. Affected page is here

·